Tuesday, April 6, 2010

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

Do you know those days? When everything is just ARGH?
It doesn't matter WHAT happens, it's just not right? Well today is one of those days.

All I want to do is take my book and hide under the duvet, and in theory there is noone to stop me from doing so... but I wanted to go to the gym, do some vacuum cleaning, cook, so instead of doing any of that I sit in front of my computer and stare at a worldmap. Not just any worldmap but a Hobo-Dyer Projection map:

Photobucket

By courtesy of:East Asia in Geographic Perspective.

European coutries never seem particularly impressive when looking at a world map but this map just makes them look like little blobs in a corner, unimportant on the scale of the world. Nevertheless they are still our world.

But an even better map (in my eyes) is this one:

Photobucket


By courtesy of:East Asia in Geographic Perspective.

The Peter's projection map is an "equal area" map which means that it keeps the real proportions as far as is possible while representing a Globe on a flat piece of paper.

Anyway this is not meant to be a geography lesson. The reason I am staring at these maps is that I long to be somewhere else. Ideally as far as possible from this place. I wish to pack my bag and go. I already know where I want to go. I just need the money and the time. The time will come soon, the money is another matter.

As for my destinations:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And all the way down to Melbourne to fly back home.

It's a lot but It promises to be absolutely stunnin! Give me a bikini, a pair of shorts, some jeans, good shoes, a backpack and 1000€ and I'm gone tomorrow (actually I'd probably need more for the flights but let's just ignore that detail).
Until I can go there is a lot to do. I need to save up, get visas, buy a videocamera and get used to blogging and writing things that are interesting and make sense.

When I'm at work I can think of thousands of things but as soon as I get home... all gone.

No comments: